2/22/2007

Our un-lived lives

Today I was talking on the phone with a really good friend of mine. This friend was talking about how this friend knew their purpose, but couldn't live it. Geeze, I gotta have some nickname here so I can stop reffering to this person as this friend. Why i'm not saying the name is because i'm not sure this friend would want this friends name to be said. AH, I gotta stop saying this friend. Ok, we'll call this friend berda.

Berda talked about her purpose in life and how she couldn't live it, because she's selfish and her purpose has always been living for who I want to live for. It's not just Berda who lives this way, we all live this way. After talking to Berda for a couple of hours about this topic, I begin to realize we don't live the one purpose we know we're called too, because all we've ever known is to follow what we want and what we need. I believe we've become lost within the worlds false system. The system consists of false feel goods, friends that are cool enough for us, clothes that are popular and in style, etc...All of this and more, leads up to us living for ourselves and believing that we should live life in ways that please us.

I know my purpose is to help the broken and breaking, yet I don't 99% of the time. Because It's not where I want to be. But It's where I belong. Isn't it funny how we live un-lived lives? Anotherwards, when we FINALLY FIND a purpose for our lives, we don't even live that purpose. We stop before we can begin to live. As soon as we really find our purpose, it scares us, and we realize that once we take a first step in living that life, we won't be able to live as we want. Instead, we'll be dedicated to the purpose that God has given us.

I realized that living for what you feel God wants for you doesn't mean you will WANT to live that way. It simply means you are called to living that way.

I also realized it's a choice. You can either be selfish or selfless. Being selfless lets you live your purpose and lets you live the life Gods called you to live. Being selfless lets you live your un-lived life. It takes you to a place you've never been before. It's a place where you won't want too be, but it's a place where you won't be wasting your time, minute by minute.

Being selfish has you staying in your comfort zone. The place where you are sane. You don't move a step forward, you stay frozen in your tracks. Therefor, you don't live your life. You don't step into your un-lived life. The one Gods called you too. It's a place where you won't be living and you will be wasting your time, minute by minute.

I'm glad I talked to Berda about all of this. It made me realize just how much I need to change. I hope it encourages some of you others as well. I hope you didn't sit here laughing at the name Berda while not even paying attention to the message. Haha, I guess I woulda done the same thing. If that's the case, re-read it. Because it's something we all need to hear.

Lora. Jayne at 9:44 PM