1/21/2006
As the dark starry skies wrapped my fears all around
A frightening cold wind shoved right on by
Echoing a moan from my souls mournful cry
Amidst the crimson moon, the sky and the night
I struggle to hold in all my fears and fright
But this mysterious night
Is Gods temporary art
Soon the sun will appear
and do it's joyous part
It will push the crimson moon far, far, away
And bring me to the peaceful light of a new wondrous day.
Love you all.
Lora. Jayne at 6:46 PM
5 Comments
- at Saturday, January 21, 2006 Rachel said...
Lora, I LOVE that poem. The imagery is soooo beautiful. I think the changes are great. I hope it gets published, but even if it doesn't, know that your friends think it's really really amazing!!
- at Saturday, January 21, 2006 Rachel said...
One more comment, I don't know if you're looking for suggestions or not, but just in case you are, I just looked over the old version on the other site, and there were a few things I really loved from that one as well... I really liked the ending, where it says
But for now I'll paint the memory in my mind
And rest my heart
Until this darkness will depart.
I don't know, I just like how that sounds... how it's slightly off the meter of the poem but it fits if put in the right place... I mean, it would need to have a certain amount of lines in front of it for it to fit, probably two more long lines, and I don't know if that would be possible. But it would be beautiful if worked onto the end somehow.
One more thing, I really liked the wording of that one line in the old version... "amidst the sky and the night and the dark, crimson moon" or something like that. I know it doesn't rhyme with the next line in your new version, but since the next line rhymes with a lot of others I don't think it has to. If you don't like how it sounds that's alright, but I love it and it just gives me the shivers, hehe.
I don't know if you can work any of this in or even if you'd want to, it's so beautiful already, but that's my two cents for what it's worth. If you ever want someone to really look it over with you I'd be happy to. But I think you've got an incredible poem here, though, no matter what you do. You are an amazing, amazing writer!!!!!- at Saturday, January 21, 2006 Herohtar said...
Coolness, I like it! What magazine are you sending it in to? I hope it gets published!
- at Wednesday, February 07, 2007 said...
Best regards from NY! moving companies Diazepam and online and prescription Celexa class action suit hockey and cartoons fre teen fuck movie Websites of scholarships for stupid stuff Forex reviews wwww celexa voyeur gratuits Sony blue ray computer http://www.sports-event-tickets.info/ultracet_tab_dosages.html Amount of weight loss on xenical Dangers of effexor free laptop sony vaio 2000 cadillac el dorado star accounting system
- at Tuesday, March 06, 2007 said...
Keep up the good work »




