1/01/2006
Caitlyn wearing buck teeth.

Me being a homie. I kinda look like a man............ Oh well.

My awesome cousin Caitlyn being a homie

Caitlyn and I being homies together

I don't blame you if you don't comment on this post. I would be scared out of my mind too with nothing to say if I saw theese pictures on my friends blog.
I also got a normal picture of myself. Cause people have been complaining about how I never smile normaly and make a normal face in pictures. So here you guys go.

Ugggghhhh I look so bad when I do my normal face.
Well I don't really have anything else to say. I do have a poem to post though. This is a completly different change of subject but i'm going to post a poem, but not of my own writing.
I got Taylor's permission to post his poem on this blog. So you guys need to comment and tell him how amazingly talented he is at writting poetry!
Good job Taylor, I love your poetry, you express every word you say well, and there is tons of wisdom in every line. God really works through you in your poetry, and he works through you in so many other ways. Not only are your words of poetry wise and full of truth, they also are encouraging and speak to me. I'm sure they speak to other Christians as well. And I bet they make the people who don't know God really think about who he is, and I think it would also make them wonder as to how you have hope over the people that don't. It encourages thoose who know him to focuse on God more, and thoose who don't know him to focuse on God for the first time. Keep up the good work, keep writing, you really speak to me through your poetry, along with so many other people i'm sure. It is definitely a God given talent you have.
Why do we try to be something we're not
Can't we see it'll make us hollow?
Why hold on to the battles we fought?
When there is nothing left to follow.
Can there be something more to life
Than all this pain, envy and strife?
I try so hard to figure it out
But all that I can feel is doubt.
Godly wisdom gone unheeded
Accepting falshood like it's true
Withholding help when it is needed
What is this world coming to?
We live in a fallen day and age
Darkened by dispair
Nothing is right and sin is the rage
Corruption fills the air.
We need a hope to stay alive
God fill us with your purpose
Give us your will to do what's right
We know you wan't forsake us.
God bless each and every one of you as you start this new year up. I encourage you to start out a new fresh year. That's what I'm doing. Don't focuse on your faliures over the past year. Instead look at what God has blessed you with. Know that God is with you, he was last year just like he is this year. And you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you. Get out there and make a difference, God has made you into a bueatiful creation, and he wants to use nobody but you to make an impact on this lost world. Never give up, no matter what you see. Don't let your hopeless vision make you lose your hope. There is always hope and peace amidst any pain or trails and troubles if we reach out to grab it. God always leaves a path for you to talk through with light and the peace that no other human can give you.
Love you!
Lora. Jayne at 5:23 PM
3 Comments
- at Sunday, January 01, 2006 said...
hey lora awsome pics!!! we totlly rock at being hommies dont u think?? i think u should havae posted the goth pics those were funny!!!! (not really that scary at all but u have a different perspective than me) well ill talk to u.....right now cause ur at my house but of course when u read this u wont be here lol....srry i think being anoying is fun (sometimes). oh and taylor's poem is totally awsome!!! i can t do poems that well i think =(... well luv yeah!!!!
ur little cuz,
caitlyn =)- at Monday, January 02, 2006 said...
Hey Lora!
First of all, thanks for posting my poem on YOUR blog. That means alot.
Those pics are funny! I want to see the goth pictures! Tyler looks pretty clueless. Your grandma looks scary, and so does Caitlin with buckteeth. I like your homie pic, I didn't even recognize you! You sure got the "lip" thing down. I like your "weird" picture and your "normal" picture. You do not look bad in a normal face! It's pretty! The pic was just a bit out of focus.
Sooooo Cya!- at Tuesday, January 03, 2006 Rachel said...
First of all, haha, those pictures are great. You both look hilarious as homies... now I wanna see those goth pictures, lol!
Second of all, wow. Taylor's poem is so powerful. Thank you so much for posting that, and thank you Taylor for letting her! It is so full of honest truth. And Lora, your words at the end of your post are also incredibly powerful. You are so right that God always leaves a way open for us, and He offers us joy and peace and hope. I'll be praying that none of us refuse it this coming year.
You all are awesome!!
Rache




