3/24/2006

There's tarnish on the golden rule
And I wanna jump from this ship of fools
Show me a place where hope is young
And a world of people who aren't afraid to love

This world has nothing for me
and this world has everything
All that I could want
and nothing that I need

This world is making me drunk on the spirits of fear
So when he says who will go,
I am nowhere near

And the least of these look like criminals to me
So I leave Christ on the street

This world has held my hand
and has led me into intolerance
But now I'm waking up,
but now I'm breaking up
But now I'm making up for lost time

This world has nothing for me
And this world has everything
All that I could want
But nothing that I need.

Lora. Jayne at 3:58 PM

7comments

7 Comments

at Friday, March 24, 2006 Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, i love that song! Isn't that by a band called cadeomons call or something like that?

 
at Friday, March 24, 2006 Blogger Rachel said...

WOW. Those lyrics are amazing!!! Is that Derek Webb? It's so good. Thanks for posting that.

 
at Friday, March 24, 2006 Blogger Lora. Jayne said...

Derek webb and Cademons call both sing it. The tune is really amazing too. But I mainly like the lyrics, cause what they're talking about on that song is one of the biggest things i've learned over the last year.

 
at Friday, March 24, 2006 Blogger Lora. Jayne said...

You was wonder...........?

As for the rest of the comment, thanks hannah! I like it too.

 
at Friday, March 24, 2006 Blogger Lora. Jayne said...

Love you guys lots, thanks for the comments.

 
at Saturday, March 25, 2006 Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, those are amazing amazing lyrics! Relly good message. I like that alot.

Blog comments:
I love your profile pic, it's a really good one
Your blog print is TINY!

 
at Monday, March 27, 2006 Blogger frisbeegurl said...

The words are by Aaron Tait.. BTW Lora.. haha.. but yeah.. man I love that song.. Caedmon's call guy (Aaron Tait) Just.. really knows how to write good Lyrics..

 

Post a Comment