4/08/2006

You look to Him in times of grief
And times of unbearable pain
You blame Him when things go wrong
When there’s no sun shining through the rain

You pour your sorrows into a cup
For Him to sip and savor
You place upon a platter
All your worries with bitter flavors

You cry out to Him in dismal spans
And hope that he will hear you
You look around for a sign
That shows that he is near you

How sad it is in times of glee
Not a word of thanks you offer
No acknowledgement or hymn
No adulation or, appreciation you proffer

For the Lord is not only there
In times of bitter strife
He's there with every step you take
Of your sententious, restricted life


Lora. Jayne at 5:50 PM

8comments

8 Comments

at Sunday, April 09, 2006 Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only echo Kathryn.
Wow. Don't ever say you have a small vocabulary again! I thought someone else wrote it but NO! That is amazing, almost proper, hymn-like. It seems like oldschool poetry. It's good. "No adulation or appreciation you proffer" for example. Big words and thought provoking. Great jorb. Also, hot profile pic.

 
at Sunday, April 09, 2006 Blogger Lora. Jayne said...

Ahhh, sorry to dissapoint you guys, but I didn't write this....I can't do that well. And yes Taylor, I do have a very small vocabulary lol. I didn't even know what most of the words meant in this poem untill I got out a dictionary. Stupid me....Well gotta go!

Love you guys! Thanks for commenting.

 
at Monday, April 10, 2006 Blogger Lora. Jayne said...

Don't know who wrote it...I got it off a poetry website. All I know is somebody who's good at writing wrote it.

Well gotta go, love you all!

 
at Monday, April 10, 2006 Anonymous Anonymous said...

i guess i can only ecko Taylor and Kathryn. o and nice profile pic...

 
at Tuesday, April 11, 2006 Blogger frisbeegurl said...

How can you not even try.. and still look beautiful?? Haha.. I like that poem alot.. it's really cool.... it stinks that you don't know who wrote it..

 
at Tuesday, April 11, 2006 Blogger Lora. Jayne said...

Really?!? That's great Zach!!!

 
at Tuesday, April 11, 2006 Blogger Lora. Jayne said...

Haha, you're so awesome Katie! Love you!

 
at Wednesday, February 21, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work »

 

Post a Comment