8/07/2006

I hate this world and how we live

I'm kinda confused about things
Comments are wanted.
Explain to me why we do this
why we live this way
why we have no hope
Espessially Christians who are promised a eternity
of eternal life after death.

It just doesn't make sense.
How come we bearly have hope?
Don't we realize what lies ahead after death?
Eternal life full of perfection
We're so blind
We're not even living for God
We're all selfish jerks
Can't we realize that living lives for ourselves is pointless?
Why do we even try to impress people?
Why can't we just be ourselves?
We're here for one purpose
To bring others to Christ
Do we even try and do that?
Do we look for the people who have no hope?
Who don't know Christ?
No, we just help ourselves
At least I do
I don't get it
And I want to be more than this
But how?
I hate it how the world has polluted our minds so much
All we care about are the things of this world
It's so hard to be a Christian
It's never going to be easy
anything I gain
anybody I want to impress
anything I want but don't need
all the masks I wear
why do I even do all theese things?
When none of it matters
It seems impossible for me to live for God
I fall so short of what I want to be
I'm tired of acting like it's okay to live for myself
Because it's not
It seems like nobodys trying to live for the only thing that matters
so many of us live such empty lives
It makes me so mad how selfish we are
how selfish I am.

click to view more art

Lora. Jayne at 5:35 PM

8comments

8 Comments

at Monday, August 07, 2006 Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel you.

I guess it all comes down to the tragedy of humanity. All of us are filthy sinners, nobody escapes sin's curse. Even as Christians, we are nothing of ourselves, it is only God's amazing grace and His incredible love. When I say incredible, I mean not credible, not believable. We are unable to fully grasp the depths of His love. Why He would choose us to be the objects of His blessing, I have no idea. But the tragedy is that we are setup for downfall, for failure. God gave us a free will, to choose to love Him or not, and He knew that it would ultimately glorify Him in this big cosmic drama.

Even though we're Christians, we are still human. And we make the same mistakes every human does. We aren't exactly perfect holy saints that do good all the time.

This society we live in makes it so hard to live righteously. And consequently, Christians and the church has picked up alot of junk. And you know, garbage in garbage out, so it's sad and scary when you see people in the church that look just like the world. Part of it is new Christians that haven't matured yet, but many of us are influenced by this world. Show me someone who isn't. in some respects, that's fine. Like meaningless stuff. It doesn't matter what you eat or drink or wear AS LONG AS IT GLORIFIES GOD. (But if you can't do it with a clean consciense, you probably shouldn't.) It saddens me that there's more world in the church than church in the world. So, we are all basically selfish and nearminded. Sin is basically a rebellious attitude toward God. We have a sinful nature in us, we can't help that.

We all have insecurities and masks. I know I do. We know less about the Bible than ever before, thanks to our world. We are also short sighted in what we do. We can't see clearly in this life and act stupid. We don't focus on things above and only what is on earth and we find no hope in it. Three things will always last: faith, hope, and love. But how can we use these things if we don't put them in the righ place? God is the lover of our souls, and He should be our first love. He is the only one who is always faithful forever. We should put our faith in nothing else but Him. Becuse of this, we should put our hope, our confident trust in Him, expecting Him to do great things through us.

If you live for yourself, you turn up empty. Only GOD brings true purpose and fulfilment. He has a purpose for everyone's life. And the only way to fulfill that purpose is to do it through Him. But here's a question for everyone, do you have to bring someone to Christ in order to fulfill God's purpose? Do you have to make a person saved, like it's a requirement? I know, the Great Commision, but is a disciple a new Christian, or a follower of Christ? Could you help a Christian become a true disciple and serve your purpose? I'm wrestleing with this, I don't know the answer.

Christ is the cure for sin, for selfishness. To become like Him should be our ultimate goal. And remember, It's only through God's power.

I hope some of helps. I'm searching just like you.

 
at Tuesday, August 08, 2006 Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow whowever alienyouth is wrote sometin really cool. lora, read that he/she's comment again! thats stuff i wanted to say but didnt know how 2 describe.

love u!!!!!!!

ps. hows ur foot?

 
at Wednesday, August 09, 2006 Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Kat, I'm Taylor from Wildwood Church in Norman, who are you?

 
at Thursday, August 10, 2006 Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAA!!!!!!
don't be so sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think your so cool and awesome and i love you soooo much, and even more than that God loves you sooooooo much! he made you and said you were good. i think your one of the coolest ppl i know!

i'll pray for you!
love you!
-christy

 
at Thursday, August 10, 2006 Anonymous Anonymous said...

btw, i love that drawing =)

 
at Friday, August 11, 2006 Blogger Lora. Jayne said...

Thanks Christy!

And thank you everyone for the comments. They were all really encouraging and caring! Thanks for always being there for me you guys. You're all amazing, i love you all very much! I'm so glad to have each of you in my life, what would I do without you guys?! I'm for cerial. You all mean sooo much to me. Love you all! I'm always here for you all as you're always there for me, i just want you to know that. Thanks for being such faithful friends.

 
at Friday, August 11, 2006 Blogger Hicam H. Trowzan said...

I think everything just boils down to trusting God. Without him we are so completely lost. Without him we are nothing. But trusting God can be one of the hardest things on earth.

-davidnaz

 
at Monday, August 21, 2006 Blogger Lora. Jayne said...

I tottally agree with you Davio. Thanks for commenting, that comment was really encouraging!

Dang girl, you're so wise for your age, you're wiser than me and i'm about 3 years older. You're awesome david.

 

Post a Comment