1/01/2007

Another year gone by

How has another year already gone by?
It makes me mad when I look upon this last year and feel nothing at all.

Within this recent year:
I know i've accomplished nothing
I know i've gone no where
I know i've done nothing worth something
I know i've been as selfish as can be

To be honest? This last years been nothing but me wallowing in my pain.
Anytime and everytime it comes to a new year
I think & say,
"I'll start things new with this new year.
I won't make the same mistakes I made last year.
I'll have a purpose and plan this year."

I hate it how I say these things but never do them.
I might as well not even get my hopes up for changing.
Because I never even try to.

Why are we all this way? I really hate it how I can't be what I want to be. I have to be something I hate. No, I don't have to, I chose to. I hate this even more. I chose to be something I know isn't right. I chose to waste my time. I let time waste me. I hate this about me.
I hope talking about this will maybe encourage others.
Maybe in knowing that they're not alone with failing and not even trying.
Know that just because you didn't change last year doesn't mean you can't change for this one.
I think it's sad that I only think about changing when a new year begins.
If you're feeling this same thing, know i'm here with you.
I guess the year still has to go on, weither i'm ready for it or not.
So, Happy New Years!
Pray that I can change.
If you want, i'll pray the same for you.

Before I go, i'd like to show you guys a poem and a art pitchure.

I did not write this poem, I know I never could. I don't even come close to being this good.
This is, by far, my favorite poem writen by anybody. I love it's meaning.
It brings me hope. It shows that the bad always brings good.
It points out that there's always light to any darkness.
Anyways, here be a poem that Taylor Hill wrote. It's really amazing.

Without

Without war, we wouldnt know peace

Without pain, we wouldnt know comfort

Without strife, we wouldnt know ease

Without hunger, we wouldnt know satisfaction

Without work, we wouldnt know rest

Without sadness, we wouldnt know joy

Without weakness, we wouldnt know strength

Without lonliness, we wouldnt know love

Without fear, we wouldnt know courage

Without calamnity, we wouldnt know compassion

Without evil, we wouldnt know good

Without Satan, We wouldnt love God

Without sin, we wouldn't know Salvation

Without death, we wouldnt love life

Without the Cross, we wouldnt know Christ

I knowed! It's awesome isn't it? I wish I could write like that.

Now fer my newest art pitchure. Tell me what you think.
Happy Freaking New years everybody! I love you all so very much!

Lora. Jayne at 5:17 AM

6comments

6 Comments

at Monday, January 01, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous said...

O MY GOODNESS! That art is so good!

so is the poem! i lov it!!! woah thats such a deep and good meaning. u cant really find good poetry lke that these days. good job loras friend! lol.

i feel ive wasted my last year too. it does encourage me to hear im not the only one. i thought maybe everybody else was doing the right things and trying hardd. but i gues a lot of us fail. its ok to fail. were humans. i guess u wont change untill youve been through what it takes 2 make u change. same for me.

lov u lor. god bless u! happy new years. ill be praying for you. can you pray for me too? i need to change 2.

 
at Saturday, January 06, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah, that's a good poem. Good job Taylor. That's got a really good and deep meaning. I like it.

Also, great art picture! It's beautiful.....

Love you

 
at Saturday, January 06, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliments! It just came up out of nowhere and grew over time.
The art picture IS awesome Lora, it's one of your best, you should put it in whatever artshow.

Inreresting thoughts on change, your comment really got me thinking Kat.

 
at Monday, January 08, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous said...

lolol it did? coolcool

 
at Monday, January 08, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful picture Lora.

You're captured everything so well.
It looks so real, it almost looks like a photograph.

You're amazing at art.

Never give up. I love you.

 
at Monday, January 08, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous said...

The poem is amazing as well.

Great job Taylor.

You're amazing at writing just as Lora is at art.

Each of you have a God given talent that you should never give up on.

 

Post a Comment