1/14/2007

Meh..

I honestly like this winter weather. However, I honestly hate this winter weather whenever it locks me & my family up in this house for days upon days.
I haven't gone anywhere sense Thursday.

And now that everything for today has been canceled, I won't be going anywhere untill Wensday.

I have no idea what to post and no idea what to do...

I guess I could just write about something random?
It probably will not amuse or interest anybody, but oh well.

Here it goes;

I've realized that unless you become like a child, you can't do much of anything good in this world. Example: Once born into childlike faith, brimming with belief, typical people begin to lose their faith. Society mocks them. Their friends smirk. Soon they forget who they were; they forget the faith they once had. Then one day someone tells them the truth, but they don't want to go back, because they're comfortable in their new skin.

Here's why childlike faith is needed:
It's hard to believe in something thats unseen, a unfathomable creator who refused to show his hand unless properly summoned. It makes no sense sometimes. However, when having childlike faith, impossible & unreal things are easy to believe.

I believe that belief begins with imagination. The day a faith loses imagination is the day it dies. The day you lose your childlike faith is the day you forget who you are and why you believe what you believe. Believe as you did when you were a child. I'm trying to do these things. It's just so hard sometimes.

I hope this post will encourage some of you.
Comment if you have any thoughts about what i'm a'sayin, i'd love to hear them!

I love you all very very mucho's!

PS: Take being trapped in the house as a opportunity spend time with your family & do the things you aren't normally able to do during your busy schedule.

PIC OF THE DAY:

Lora. Jayne at 1:04 PM

6comments

6 Comments

at Sunday, January 14, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm... interesting. i'll need to chew on that. it's a good reminder.
i'm getting crazy being locked up inside all day. my dad's working, my mom's sick and i've watched enough movies for one day. your blog is encouraging...

 
at Tuesday, January 16, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous said...

thas a bueaituful picture of you and your sister!!!!!!

 
at Tuesday, January 16, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous said...

'Ello. Odd I know, me a sort of stranger commenting on this, but the fact that you are so right meant that suddenly I HAD to reply. Okay wanted to reply. Yes.

I have a feeling you are taking these things from Ted Dekker books, ^^ he is so amazing. But on to the main part of my comment.

Society,the norm everything.. we've locked ourselves in a little gray box. No breathing holes. No paint or pencils to entertain ourselves. Just this thing called "we will sit here and be nice little martyrs BUT DO NOT IMAGINE". It's sad...

Hope and imagination are intricately linked. Yes we hope for things we do not see, but we do see them in some fashion or another. I know I am simply repeating what you said but it is so beautiful, so freeing, so mesemerizing. Gah... yes. I agree with you.

I have gone on too long already. Keep searching, keep pushing, the veil has micro holes, we just have to make them bigger. You work on them in the south and I'll keep kicking it up north. Maybe we can pull it apart one day.

In Christ,
Shandi

 
at Tuesday, January 16, 2007 Blogger Lora. Jayne said...

Yes, i did get this stuff from Ted Dekker books. He's such a good writer. :]

Thanks for your thoughts shandi. They're deep & insightfull!
You're not really a stranger to me either, your Davids cousin, and Davids basically family.

Sorry I haven't replied to your email yet! I've been really busy.

I've finally found someone else who likes Ted Dekker! This makes me happy. What's your favorite book of his? Mine is definately Thr3e.
I take a lot of his stuff and always add it to my posts on my blog. I love his writing.

Well, i've gotta go. Thankyou so much for the comment and your views on what I said! I appreciate it.

Comments literally make my day.

Lylas,

I hope you're doing great!

 
at Wednesday, January 17, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anytime. ^^ I have been reading your posts for months and it's like watching myself. I know.. so few people like Ted Dekker... poor them.

As for being deep and insightful.
I often just start talking and people are left in shock. And I usually have no clue what I just said 'cause I have never even thought waht I said before. So I can safely say that it is Jesus and not I.

All I know is that I have a deep and raging passion for life, real life. Life without four little cardboard walls. I long to stand in the middle of the fire and scream with pain... yes stupid maybe, but oh so much better than this thing called existance. I have written things on this, if you'd like I can send them to you. I spend most of my time writing. And talking. That too.

Adios mi amiga.

~Shandi

P.S
Yeah... David's cousin... wow... I am so so so special. GAH ^^ oh did he ever tell you 'bout the time he threw sand at me? -runs off laughing-

 
at Wednesday, January 17, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lora,

It sounds like you've been through a lot. You've been through a lot just as went through a lot when I was younger. It shows with what you post. I see a purpose and plan behind you going through all of this already.

I hope you do as well.

Keep having hope. Even when you don't want to live at all. Even when you find no reasons to live. Keep going. You'll get through these years of nothing. Just as I did. Never forget what I went through and how far down I went. I made it through. You can too. Just have hope. Okay?

I love you.

 

Post a Comment