1/30/2007

Questions awaiting answers

I'm desperate for a honest someone to reply honestly to these questions. Someone who will mean what they say. Someone who will say what they mean.

The questions;
What makes you know God is the creator
and what makes you live for him.

What makes you know God is your explanation for existence?
How do you know you are saved, what makes you know God exists.
What were the reasons for you becoming a christian?
What do you
really think of God? Do you honestly love him and like him?
Or does he make you mad with the life he gives you?
This is your answer, nobody elses. Why do YOU believe in God?

I want to see somebodys answer to at least one of these questions.
I can't answer any of them. So I'm curious to see if others can or will.
If nobody does, I think it shows nobody knows why they believe in God
or why place they place their whole life within him.
And if nobody knows why they do those things
then I don't think they really know him.

PIC OF THE DAY:

Lora. Jayne at 8:10 PM

6comments

6 Comments

at Wednesday, January 31, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know God is my explaination for my existence, because i should not have been here, many times. i had heart problems when i was born and the doctors thought i would never heal after multiple tests and then after several tests repeated confirming that i would either not be normal or not be here eventually, one of the tests came back with good results and i've been healed ever since. the doctors still don't know how it happened that i was sick one minute and then i was fine. and i can't tell you how many times i should have probably died on the road or even in a few tornadoes... in peru, i know God was watching over me, because we were very near danger several times and He kept us safe.
i know i am totally unworthy of life by my sin and by what i've done, but His grace is what makes me love Him. His love blows my mind, daily. because i daily fall short and He still loves me. and i can feel that love and He is faithfully showing me through random ways everyday.
and i believe in Him, because He is the only thing worth believing in, when everything else has failed me, He never has! and i've even questioned Him, doubted, screamed at Him, and He has never waivered, i just haven't always been patient.
some of your other questions will require more thought so i'm not just saying the good church answer off the top of my head. these questions deserve honest answers.
praying for you and hope the answers come for you soon. tell Sarah and Eric we need to hang out soon. sorry i couldn't go polka dancing...

 
at Thursday, February 01, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous said...

The questions;

What makes you know God is the creator and what makes you live for him?

On a logical, thinking level I now that God is the creator simply because it is the most intelligent choice. I KNOW on a faith level somewhere deep inside, "eternity has been written on their hearts" or something like that... and honestly I can't explain how I know logically. God is beyond logic. All I know is that when I see creation something within me cries out "Creator". What makes me live for God... the fact that outside of living for God I have no purpose, no identity, no peace. He has loved me and rescued me from myself. He died, and HE is worthy of His prize. It isn't about me getting salvation or a good life, it's about my God getting the reward of HIS great suffering.



What makes you know God is your explanation for existence?

Much like the other question.. I have always grown up with the knowledge of God. I am a former MK, PK and all that k stuff.. so I have been immersed in it.. but there is something deeper. A strength, a voice, a silent wisdom when all else seems fruitless. There is not other way to explain existance. Nothing cannot come from nothing. A watch in the middle of the forest has a maker, so does an earth spinning in the Milky Way.



How do you know you are saved, what makes you know God exists.
What were the reasons for you becoming a christian?


I didn't always know I was saved, as I stated above I am a fomer MK etc. I remember praying the "sinners prayer" every day from the age of around 4 to age 9. I mean I knew the salvation story, and I was scared to death of going to hell. I mean I always thought I was a Christian. I beleive all the stuff I had to. I prayed the prayer.. but I NEVER felt like I was a child of God. And it scared me half to death. Then one night, I prayed it for the last time. And since then I have not doubted. That night I was something like 9, it was midnight sometime in August, and for the first time in my young life it wasn't about me saving myself.. it was about a God who was righteous and worthy. I know God exists because there is no other explanation for the love I have. My reasons for becoming a Christian were self centered, to save myself.. but as time has passed my faith has changed from "me not going to hell" to "God is worthy of His reward for His suffering".



What do you really think of God?

God is my Father, my Lover, my Best Freind, the one who has stopped me time and time again from doing really stupid things. He has conquered my deepest darkness... I love God madly and I truly think He is worthy. He is just. He is pure. He is righteous... sure I get ticked at Him sometimes.. but He is perfection and all that I long for. He is my God.



Do you honestly love him and like him?

I ask myself often "Do I really love God?". And being me I often think "No. You pathetic loser, you don't love God." BUT... the truth comes out when I am among those who despise God. Suddenly I feel within me this love, see when we're always around "Christian-dom" we are always you know.. in a Christian eviroment so we don't think about our faith, we take it for granted.. but once in a hostile place, the songs I so easily sing, the ways I so quickly thank God, point to Him.. become apparent. And I begin to see how much a part of me He truly is.. and I know that I love Him madly. And oh yes I like my Jesus.. ^^ we go for walks together, talk 24/7, dance together, He's sang to me too... gah...



Or does he make you mad with the life he gives you?


Yep. I have gotten raging mad at God before.. I have screamed at Him, swore at Him on occasion. Totally lost it in ways I never lose it at anyone else. I mean He knows what I am feeling, it's stupid and lying to hide it. So I am honest with God... sometimes I hate Him. Yet it is my own stupidity. For He is WORTHY.


This is your answer, nobody elses. Why do YOU believe in God?


I believe in God because I am alive. My life hasn't been easy, oh so many have had it worse.. but I have been afraid almost every person in my family would die. I've seen far too many hospitals, and much more. I beleive in God because I can smile. I believe in God because even though I have just had a completely awful day where I self destructed that I can type this out and know deep in my soul that is TRUTH. I believe in God because He has spoken and I have heard. I believe in God because He is.




~Shandi

 
at Thursday, February 01, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh! i like the new look...

 
at Sunday, February 04, 2007 Blogger Lora. Jayne said...

Thankyou so much Shandi and Kellie for your comments.

They mean so much to me.

I liked reading of the reasons you believe in God. I needed to hear reasons from other people. I also love how both of you sound so honest about what you're saying. From what I see you mean what you're saying. That means a lot to me as well.

Love you both.
Thanks again.

 
at Monday, February 05, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like this post but cant answer it honestly yet. i still donno.

 
at Wednesday, February 07, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Lora,

I sent a email in reply to this post.

Love you

 

Post a Comment