2/20/2007

Your thoughts on....

What it means to be a real friend
& what qualities you like to see in a friend.

Your thoughts & nobody elses.
I'm curious to see what people say.

As for my thoughts;

I believe a real friend is someone who's willing to be there for you throughout everything. A real friend is someone who doesn't back off or give up on you. A real friend is someone who will accept you throughout your weaknessess and selfishness. A real friend for me, would be someone who would reach beyond my insecurities in order to help me become something better. In order to help me live without being scared. A real friend is anyone who would want to help me during every moment. Even when I'm broken and completely lost. Real friends can be trusted and will let you down, but will always try and make up for the times they've let you down.

As for qualities I like to see within a friend;

Someone who pays attention to me. (I know that sounds selfish, but oh well. I'm just being honest.) Someone who's encouraging, honest, kind, thoughtfull, there for me & talkitave. I always like a friend that can be open and real about their insecurities and pain. A friend that will laugh at anything I say. Even if it's gay. I love it when a friend can talk about anything random and they don't make you feel you have to say certain things in order to be cool. Someone who loves you unconditionally. And a dedicated friend who never leaves you.

PIC OF THE DAY:
I love Aly.

Lora. Jayne at 4:02 PM

3comments

3 Comments

at Wednesday, February 21, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous said...

a true friend is faithful, encouraging, and someone who will sing your heart back to you when you forget how it goes... someone who loves you inside and out, no matter how funky your hair is in the morning, or how goofy you may get at night, no matter how bad your temper is, or how sappy you may get over silly little things... someone who will laugh, cry, and just "be" with you. someone who will challenge you to be better and not be afraid to tell you the truth when you need a good talking to. someone who will walk with you to become more like Christ.
they're a rare find, but when you find them, hold on tight, because they are a gift from God.

 
at Wednesday, February 21, 2007 Blogger Lora. Jayne said...

Wow Kellie,

You said what I wanted to say & worded it and explained it so much better!

I love how you said this. I agree with you completely.

Thank you again for coming to my burfday! I hope you had fun! I hope you didn't feel ackward being around a lot of people you didn't know. It meant so much to me that you were there! Thanks for the gift & card as well.

Love you! Thanks for this comment.

 
at Wednesday, February 21, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous said...

A freind is the one who will tell me that I am being an idiot, and then hold me while I cry. A freind is the one who will fight for me, fight with me. A freind will risk making me mad, just to stop me from hurting myself. A freind is loyal and caring. A freind listens, a freind laughs with me, cries with me, offers to throw things with me. A freind loves me enough to give me up to God. A freind doesn't try to change me. A freind is the one who can laugh for three hours at nothing at all. A freind can do anything with you, or nothing with you, be bored with you, and it still isn't boring. A freind has a hug waiting when you need it. A freind puts up with all your stupid ways, and ... actually likes some of them. A freind is more than words can say...


-Shandi

 

Post a Comment