7/15/2007
An empty house is not a home.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
In my fear and flaws
I let myself down again
All because I run till the silence splits me open
I run till it puts me underground
I run till I have no breath and no roads left but one
When did I lose my sense of purpose?
Can I regain what's lost inside?
Why do I feel like I deserve this?
Why does my pain look like my pride?
In my fear and flaws
I let myself down again.
I'll face myself
To cross out what i’ve become
Erase myself
And let go of what i’ve done
Put to rest
What you thought of me
While I clean this slate
With the hands of uncertainty
What do I do to ignore what's behind me?
Do I follow my fate and escape blindly?
Do I hide my pride away from these bad dreams
And give into sad thoughts that are maddening?
Do I let it go and try to stand it?
Or do I try to catch them redhanded?
Do I trust some and get fooled by phoniness?
Or do I trust nobody and live life in lonliness?
In my fear and flaws
I let myself down again.
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
In my fear and flaws
I let myself down again
All because I run till the silence splits me open
I run till it puts me underground
I run till I have no breath and no roads left but one
When did I lose my sense of purpose?
Can I regain what's lost inside?
Why do I feel like I deserve this?
Why does my pain look like my pride?
In my fear and flaws
I let myself down again.
I'll face myself
To cross out what i’ve become
Erase myself
And let go of what i’ve done
Put to rest
What you thought of me
While I clean this slate
With the hands of uncertainty
What do I do to ignore what's behind me?
Do I follow my fate and escape blindly?
Do I hide my pride away from these bad dreams
And give into sad thoughts that are maddening?
Do I let it go and try to stand it?
Or do I try to catch them redhanded?
Do I trust some and get fooled by phoniness?
Or do I trust nobody and live life in lonliness?
In my fear and flaws
I let myself down again.

Lora. Jayne at 11:47 PM
6 Comments
- at Monday, July 16, 2007 said...
You wrote this didn't you?
I've read some of your other peoms before, they are beautiful!
Love you.- at Monday, July 16, 2007 said...
PS: This is alexis! sorry i forgot to say.
- at Monday, July 16, 2007 said...
I love this poem Lora. Good job. I've been missing your poetry.
- at Monday, July 16, 2007 Teragram said...
I like the poem. It is righten by a talented person.
were did you get the picture. It is really cool.
love you.- at Tuesday, July 17, 2007 said...
I love the poem! You're such a good writer.
- at Friday, July 20, 2007 said...
i love this poem.




