8/24/2007
Hope
I know we've all felt the following; Hope is a merciless tormentor. It's the sound of trickling water to parched lips. The prospect of love to the unlovable. A miracle cure to the parents of a dying child. It holds up victory over the inevitable and beckons us to crawl farther over slicing shards, all while pulling back, remaining out of reach. It makes agony out of mere pain by pretending a different outcome could have been. It laughs at mankind's embrace of it after millennia of disappointment.
I am not posting this to say we should be hopeless,
I'm posting this to say we should be hopeful.
I recently realized the following words;
That hope never abandons me; I abandon it.
I think a lot of people these days are that way.
Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark.
Hope can not be found when in despair.
With despair, you're likely to lose sight of hope.
Hope is not a dream but a way of making dreams become reality.
Never say to yourself, "I'm just dreaming."
Because things can always be better than we make them.
When you do nothing, you feel overwhelmed and powerless.
But when you get involved, you feel the sense of hope
and accomplishment that comes from knowing you are working to make things better.
Hope is the power that gives us the power to step out and try.
And if you turn down that chance,
you could easily lose sight of any chances ahead.
Hope is passion for what is possible.
Let perseverance be your engine and hope your fuel.
Don't lose hope. When it gets darkest the stars come out.
Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement.
Nothing can be done without hope or confidence.
And if you fail, that's okay.
Far from home is the perfect way to start.
Besides, just because you fail that doesn't mean you're a failure.
A failure is a man who has blundered
but is not capable of cashing in on the experience.
Life is a process of becoming,
a combination of states we have to go through.
Where people fail is that they wish to elect a state and remain in it.
This is a kind of death.
All this to say, don't lose hope.
Because trust me, it will get you nowhere.
And so many things that you could be at this very moment
could be lost if you're hopeless.
I don't know why, this was just on my heart
and I decided to write about it.
I hope I encouraged someone.
PS: I got bored today and took pictures of myself.
Tell me which one you like best, because my mom is going to count it as my 16th year old picture or something awkward like that.
It's either this one, or the one that is set as my profile picture.
Tell me what you think. 
Lora. Jayne at 12:26 AM
3 Comments
- at Friday, August 24, 2007 said...
Gah I love both pics.. but for a 16th birthday picture.. use your display, it's so.. you. I can't explain it. You eyes are luminous.
As for your post.. thank you. I needed that. I love you, you're amazing. In case I haven't told you in the past 24 hours or something dramatic like that.- at Sunday, August 26, 2007 said...
hey, i love u girl.
ur writing is so so so good!!!!! omg i love this postt.
love u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!- at Sunday, August 26, 2007 said...
Wow, you continue to amaze me. And I know you know this stuff from experience. That makes it even more awesome and beautiful. Don't ever think your pain and trials are a waste, because this is just one thing that comes of it.
I'm with Shandi on the pics. In your profile pic the left side (from my view) of your face looks kinda sad/normal, and the other side looks like there's a (hint of a) smile/happy face. I LOVE THAT. Your beautiful. With luscious lipstick too!



