9/04/2007
My Prized Possessions
There are countless amenities which I hold as possessions; valuable and close to my heart. Nevertheless, some rank higher than others within my prized possessions of life. Having said this, I will be talking of the values in life that touch my heart and captivate me most.
First comes family and friends. They are the light that shines through any dark. The love that's granted even when you feel unlovable. They are the ones that walk in when the rest of the world walks out. The life of life. The love in loving. Angels sent from God to help you through life until you reach the destination.
Now that I recently mentioned love somewhat, I'd like to proclaim this as my second possession. Living to love and loving to live, for it is this that we should give. To be loved by people can save ones life. Therefor it remains of importance in my life. Because in loving and being loved, a figment of heaven is produced within ones heart. A somewhat selfless side grows from loving others more than yourself. Love replants the dead hopes with new seeds to grow, along with a new hope and allurement towards living life to it's fullest.
Now I come to my last main possession. This being; Art and writing. I label them together because they are very similar ideals to me. Writing offers a wholeness and absolute connection within expressing my soul through mere words. It's a place where I can explore the depths of my mind and detail thoughts within the beauty and never ending selection of words. Art is the realm of painting your individuality. Your own thoughts and your own feelings brought together by smooth strokes on a canvas or serene lines of graphite onto an art pad. Your inner self brought to life. To end this paragraph, I'd like to say a quote created by Henry Ward Beecher. “Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures.”
Now that I've talked of my main prized possessions, I'd like to finish with a paragraph expressing how these values help out from day to day. Writing and art keep me sane. Friends and family awaken my passion for God and life. Love fuels my heart when I see the unloved, and keeps me going by knowing I'm loved. Love reflects the beauty of God and hope for life. Love reminds me of the eternity of never ending love that's to come. All these things and more are the deep desires of my life. I would encourage you to find what speaks to you, for if you know what captivates you, surely God will use your passions in some way or another as he's used mine.
I took these pictures.
Comment and tell me what you think.

Lora. Jayne at 8:47 PM
3 Comments
- at Tuesday, September 04, 2007 said...
omg!
lora that is a beautifully written dealy.
i love it.
you have so many passions and so much love to offer.
i love you.- at Wednesday, September 05, 2007 said...
and those pictures are... beyond words....
- at Wednesday, September 05, 2007 said...
Oh my freaking gosh you are so amazing. There are no words to describe what a miracle you are to the world.
I love you.



