9/14/2007

Something to think about;

If someone prays for patience, do you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If someone prays for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for their family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other? Sometimes the worst moments can be the best opportunities.

I feel stupid for just no realizing these things.

I guess when I pray, I always expect things to change without doing anything.
Then in return, I get mad at God and assume I'm not a Christian sense I don't feel any change or feel anything. But I guess I realized being a Christian isn't about feeling God or being happy and hopeful. It's quiet the contrary of this. I mean, I guess God wants us to be happy, but that honestly doesn't come within being a Christian, unless you have faith. Which seems impossible in a world like this. It's as if you're trying to see heaven in hell. This world blocks out anything and everything of value or importance and makes any eye want what it offers.

I am really struggling right now. I want to be happy yet can't stop thinking, doubting, worrying about things. I want to be happy yet I don't feel I'm a Christian even though I know it's not about feeling.

I honestly don't know what the point of this post is.
So don't ask.

Just think about what I said. Maybe you are down here with me and need to hear it.

Lora. Jayne at 6:01 PM

2comments

2 Comments

at Monday, September 17, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling.. you're going to come out of this shining.. I know.. I can feel it.. your questions are your answers. There is such a beauty in you that you will never be able to destroy, though you may try at times. He is within you, you are His.. no matter what.

 
at Monday, September 17, 2007 Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, that's really cool. i've never though of things that way!! thanx lora, for your super amazing posts. keep up the good work and remember "i can stand on my head for like 10 minutes!"

 

Post a Comment