10/15/2007
Miracles happen
Some of you may know this, some of you may not. I was born with a hole in my heart. I had a 50% chance of living, and a 60% chance of getting a pacemaker put into my heart in order to keep my heart beating. The pacemaker would have been there for life. And each year, I would of had to get new batteries in it. I have a constant reminder from the scar that's left from the surgery, yet I never thank God that I'm alive, or stop to think about how lucky I am to be breathing right now. I got away with a scar and am healthy now. I don't really have a risk of ever getting sick again. As long as I get the flu shot every year, I am okay. Because for some reason, I'm a high risk patient because of the fact I was born with a hole in my heart. If any of you have stories, please share. I think the worlds ways drown us in sorrows we are even unaware of. We have so many things to be thankful for, yet right now, I can't fully feel that this fact is true. I think it's sad how far a lot of us have fallen. God is so good, we are stuck in a crappy life for now, yes. But why can't we find hope in the fact that it's temporary? It's as if the worlds illusions block us from seeing how simple things could be. People these days really have everyone focusing on anything selfish. And we fall into a never-ending mindset without even realizing it, that we're here for a long time. When really, we'll be gone within the blink of an eye. I think it's sad that we don't live when really, things will be over very soon. Light through darkness is a beautiful thing. Even though there's much hopelessness, miracles do happen.
Many of the greatest achievements of the world were accomplished by tired and discouraged men who kept on working. To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing. When you do nothing, you feel overwhelmed and powerless. But when you get involved, you feel the sense of hope and accomplishment that comes from knowing you are working to make things better.
So don't give up my friend! Life is complicated, but beautiful.
Lora. Jayne at 11:23 PM
1 Comments
- at Tuesday, October 16, 2007 said...
I was born with the problem I couldn't drink milk. My mom told me I almost died because I was drinking some milk on her bed then I started breathing really loudly and it sounded like I was dying. Then, until I was six, I didn't eat cereal because it had milk in it and I couldn't have milk in my cereal. I couldn't have anything that had milk in it and my mom had to make me my own bread, and I had to eat chicken nuggets, noodles, and tater tots and stuff like that because everything else had milk in it. And the worst thing was, I couldn't eat pizza. Then when I was in kindergarten, we would usually go eat at this building, and every time I would go, the teacher would tell me to get some milk, WHAT THE HECK WAS SHE TRYING TO KILL ME? I told her I was allergic but she kept on saying grab one anyway? But finally when I was about 7, they started letting me have things with just a little bit of milk. But now, I can actually eat cheese now, but not alot of it, but it is better than nothing.
Aaron



